From The Common People
(Return to the manifesto)
- On forming a majority government, The Common People will reconfigure the Departments of State. A new Department of Energy will be established for the first time since privatization in 1994.
- It will take primary responsibility for phasing out the production and consumption of inflammable material from fossil sources and established woodland.
- It will also take primary responsibility for establishing and meeting the UK's obligations and commitments with regard to greenhouse gas emissions.
- Its decisions will be ring-fenced from interference by any other government department, particularly the Treasury.
- The essential drive toward controlling global warming will be interpreting and explaining to the electorate the following 5-year-old graphic: Stabilization of greenhouse gas concentrations in the atmosphere